Pages

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Trip Itineraries - A Story of Auto-Magical Import


A business/leisure trip is not complete without a pre-planned itinerary. Few questions arise:


  • Is web or mobile check-in open?
  • Can I choose my favorite window seat?
  • What time is the flight?
  • How do I get to the airport?
  • Which gate and terminal should I head to?
  • Which is the next stopover?
  • When is my next flight?
  • How long is the layover to my next flight?
  • Again, Which gate and terminal should I head to?
  • Can I do something interesting during the layover?
  • This list never ends. A first-time traveler on an international trip could write a book on his travel fears. 



Can a user get this itinerary automatically based on 6-digit PNR number present on the flight ticket?

A product called Check My Trip from Amadeus does just that. 


The user is asked to forward the booking confirmation email to trips@checkmytrip.com. The product then builds an itinerary intelligently with no user intervention. The end result: An auto-imported trip list as displayed below. Almost magical.


Does your product do magic too?



No comments:

Post a Comment